- 100% USDA Organic Matcha Green Tea Powder - Pure Shade-Grown Green Tea Leaves - All Natural, Nothing Added (naturally gluten free and vegan)
- Authentic Japanese Origin - sourced directly from organic farms in Uji and Kagoshima, Japan, allowing us to provide much better quality at better pricing
- Create Amazing Matcha Recipes - Culinary Grade Matcha is an affordable way to add a delicious, healthy boost to lattes, smoothies, baked goods, and other dishes
- Healthy Superfood - matcha is rich in antioxidants, helps boost metabolism, great source of natural energy and mental clarity
- Love It or Your Money Back - if you are not 100% satisfied with your purchase for any reason, just email us and we'll make it right
Authentic Japanese Origin
Our tea leaves are sourced primarily from the Uji region (Kyoto Prefecture), which sits on the southeast border of the city of Kyoto, and is the oldest and most premiere matcha growing region in Japan. We also work with farmers in the lush Kyushu region in southern Japan, which enjoys an ideal growing climate and is quickly becoming a hub for organic farming. Final blending and grinding of the tencha green tea leaves into matcha remains strictly with the masters in Uji.
100% USDA Organic
True, authentic Japanese matcha that is certified organic is still in extremely scarce supply (less than 1% of Japanese tea farms are certified!) — and we have been carefully forming partnerships with the preeminent farms to be able to supply the best quality organic matcha here in the U.S. at fair prices.
Passionate Farmers & Traditional Techniques
Our partner farms are run by families stretching back for generations. They take pride in their craft, employing techniques that have been honed over centuries. The tea leaves used for our matcha grades are:
- Shade grown for 3-4 weeks prior to harvest to boost nutrient content
- Selectively picked, with stems and veins removed to improve texture and taste
- Stone ground into an ultrafine powder, keeping delicate nutrients intact
- Carefully packed into air tight, high grade packaging to prevent oxidation from air and UV light
Lab Tested for Purity, Potency, Integrity, and Safety
We test our products both at the farms where they are grown, as well as by third party laboratories here in the U.S. Our quality standards were developed through a combination of state and federal guidelines as well as consultation with scientific research and analysis. Latest results are shown below and official documentation is available by request.
What's the difference between Culinary and Ceremonial grades?
Culinary grades are from later harvest tea leaves, have a bolder flavor meant for mixing into recipes as an ingredient, and are more affordable. Ceremonial grades are from first harvest leaves, have a smoother flavor suitable for traditional preparation as a tea (just mixed with hot water and whisked), and are more expensive.
How long does matcha stay fresh?
We import batches every month, and put a “Best By” date of 18 months from the date of grinding on each pouch. Matcha doesn’t “spoil” however, if kept sealed and stored in a cool, dry place…so the date is more of a suggestion for freshest taste and nutritional benefit. After opening the pouch, we recommend trying to use up the matcha within 2 to 3 months.
What if I don't like it?
If you don't have a good experience for any reason, just let us know and we'll make it right.
*FDA Disclaimer: These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.