The easiest way to enjoy the benefits of dried plums is to add them to your morning cereal. As the fruits are sweet, they will help you fight sugar addiction and forego adding sweeteners to such dishes. It’s the same with adding a few organic dried plums to your smoothie.
One of the best ways to use this product is to add it to raw energy bites. Dried plums have a rich delicious flavor and will mix well with other dried fruits, nuts, and seeds. You can include them in any recipe that has dried fruits in it and enhance the flavor of the dish.
A dried plum organics yogurt of your own making will be not only delicious but also great for your digestion as the fiber in the fruit will complement the positive effects of probiotics from the yogurt.
Chutney Dried Plum Sauce Recipe
- ¾ cup dried plums (pitted and chopped)
- 1 cup onions (chopped)
- 2 apples (cored and chopped)
- 2 pears (cored and chopped)
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1 orange (juice and zest)
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2/3 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger (grated)
- 2 pinches saffron threads
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- Nutmeg to taste
- Cayenne pepper to taste
- Heat up olive oil in a medium saucepan and cook the onions for a few minutes until they become soft.
- Add brown sugar, orange juice, and vinegar, stir thoroughly and let the onions simmer until all liquids evaporate. The substance will start to thicken because of the sugar so your onions will become caramelized.
- Add chopped apples and cook your chutney for about 5 minutes before adding pears.
- Toss dried plums and raisins into the pan and stir before covering it with a lid or parchment paper and cooking for 10 minutes at minimum heat. Do not stir the mixture during this time.
- Remove the pan from heat, open it and add spices and zest. Stir the chutney and let it cool before serving.
This delightful chutney dried plum sauce can be stored in the fridge for up to 4 days if you keep it in an airtight container. You can adjust its flavor however you like by adding other spices. This amount of ingredients will provide you with about 2 ½ cups of chutney, which has less than 2 grams of fat and only 150 calories. How to Store Organic Dried Plums from Food To Live
Due to their extremely low content of fats and high level of sugar, dried plums do not go bad, so you can store them for years. If the package is unopened and remains in the fridge, they won’t have an expiration date. You can also put the bag in your freezer but do not refreeze them, as this will ruin the texture of the dried plum fruit.
All dried products must be stored dry, so keep your Food To Live Organic Dried Plums in an airtight container at all times.
You also should understand that nutrients in dried foods deteriorate with time. This is an unavoidable process that can be slowed down by keeping the product in the fridge. Never leave your dried plums in a hot place or under direct sunlight as this will speed up the chemical destruction of vitamins and minerals.