Butternut Squash Soup
- 2 tbsp Minced garlic
- 2 tbsp Bravado Spice Pineapple & Habanero Hot Sauce
- 1 c Red onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 3 c Broth
- 1 c Heavy cream
- 2.5 c Butternut squash cubed
- 1/2 inch cubes
- 2 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Pepper
1. Melt the butter in a large skillet or rondeau.
2. Add the chopped red onion and cook over medium heat until barely translucent.
3. Add the butternut squash, salt, & pepper and cook until slightly softened. Add the Bravado Spice Pineapple & Habanero Hot Sauce, and then add the garlic and cook until slightly browned.
4. Add 2 cups of the broth and simmer over medium heat until the squash is cooked through. Then add the heavy cream. Reduce slightly, then remove from heat.
5. Add the butternut squash mixture to a blender and add the other cup of stock while it blends. If the soup is too thick, just add a little more broth until the desired consistency is achieved.
6. Pour and serve!
Pineapple Shrimp Tempura
- 1 lb Peeled, cleaned shrimp
- 1 c Fresh pineapple sliced long and 1/4 thick
- 1.5 oz Pineapple & Habanero Hot Sauce
- 1 c Flour
- 1 c Corn starch
- 1 c Sparking water
- 1 Egg
- - 2” of oil for frying
- - Pinch of salt
- Peel and clean the shrimp if not already done. Make about 6-8 shallow cuts along the back and inside of each shrimp. This should allow it to lay relatively flat and uncurled. Set aside.
- In a bowl, slowly, SLOWLY combine the flour, corn starch, egg, and fizzy water, and a pinch of salt until well mixed, but not over mixed.
- Pour enough oil for frying into a pot or cast iron skillet and heat up to 350° F.
- Dip each piece of shrimp or pineapple into the tempura batter and swirl it a bit before letting go so the pieces are less likely to stick. Fry for 3-5 minutes until cooked and remove from the oil. Place on paper towels to absorb excess oil and sprinkle with a pinch of salt.
- Garnish with cilantro and dip into Bravado Spice Pineapple & Habanero Hot Sauce.
Spicy Coconut Vegan Curry
- 1 c Onion, chopped
- 1/4 c Jalapeño sliced
- 2 Tbsp Red curry paste
- 1 tsp Turmeric
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Soy Sauce
- 1 1/2 c Coconut milk
- 1/2 c Water
- 2 sprig Lemongrass
- 14 oz Firm tofu
- 2 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 2 oz Bravado Spice Pineapple & Habanero Hot Sauce
- - Cooked white rice (op.)
- Oil a large skillet and add the potatoes. When they have begun to brown a bit, add the onion and cook until softened.
- Add the red peppers, jalapeños, curry paste, salt, turmeric, lemongrass, soy sauce, and Bravado Spice Pineapple & Habanero hot sauce to the pan, and let the peppers soften a bit.
- Add the coconut milk, water and tofu. Simmer until the curry has thickened and serve with rice.