Our Superb Bottarga di Muggine is an incredibly intense, briny delicacy made from the roe of wild caught Striped Mullet fish cured in it’s own natural casing. These sacs, each containing two lobes of extremely fine roe, are cleaned, enrobed in course salt, then naturally sun dried or dehydrated until reaching their perfect cure level, a somewhat hard, sausage like consistency. They are then immediately preserved in shrink wrap and can be kept safely for months at room temperature until consumed. Enjoy Bottarga cut in thin slices with your favorite apperitif, or grate it like truffles on top of rice, pasta, eggs, toast and much more! See recipe below...Turn your ordinary dishes into culinary delights! Used by the worlds top chefs. An all natural, healthy, product made of just 2 ingredients. Bottarga is a unique taste, you will never forget! Our "Sardinian Gold" is the authentic traditional Bottarga di Muggine, as prepared and consumed for generations in Sardinia. This exquisite, silky roe is cured to perfection by Italian Bottarga Masters. The result, a sublime delicacy sure to please the most discernible gastronomic palettes. Made by the worlds finest Bottarga producers in southern Sardinia, Italy. This product is sublime, a cut above the rest! PREPARED IN A KOSHER FACILTY, WILD, ALL NATURAL, NO PRESERVATIVES! Superb grated over plain garlic pasta, or savor in thin slices. Also known as Karasumi, Avgotaharo, Batarekh, Bottarga di Muggine, Botargo, Boutargue, Botargo, Poutargue,Wuyuzi.
Delicious Pasta Bottarga Recipe! (makes 1 serving)
- Precook 2 Oz (2 oz when dry) Spaghetti al dente, rinse & set aside
- Fry one or two cloves of minced garlic in 2 tbsp of hot olive oil, in a medium sized frying pan on medium to high heat. Let fry for a minute or so, or just before garlic starts to brown.
- (Optional) Throw in a handful of raw arugula, and fry until the leaves have fallen.
- Add pre-cooked, strained al dente spaghetti to the hot pan along with the frying garlic & cooked arugula.
- Toss gently to get the spaghetti coated in the hot olive oil, garlic & arugula. Add salt & fresh ground pepper to taste, then transfer to dish.
- Grate 1tbsp of Bottarga on top of hot pasta & 1 tsp of lemon zest.
- Toss everything together in plate, & Enjoy!