Why is Consuming Organic French Green Lentils Beneficial For You
Organic French Green Lentils by Food to Live are one of the main three types of lentils that differ in color and have almost the same nutritional value. They are a dark green color, and their taste is similar to that of green peas.
Nowadays, French lentils are highly appreciated for their nutritional properties and rich flavor. The distinguishing feature of French lentils is their very high content of fiber and protein. The latter constitutes about 30% of the whole content of this legume. Additionally, they are a rich source of essential minerals, amino acids, and B-complex vitamins.
French lentils are rather simple to cook as they don’t need soaking because of their small size. They go well with salads and dishes where whole beans are needed, as they preserve their firm texture after cooking. Here are some tips on how to prepare them for using in dishes:
· Spread lentils out in a thin layer to check for dirt, small stones, and damaged beans;
· Rinse thoroughly in a strainer under cold water;
· Soak lentils for 8 -12 hours if you need to shorten the time of cooking;
· Cook in the proportion of 2 cups of water and 1 cup of lentils, but this proportion can be changed depending on the degree of their dryness;
· Add flavorings such as herbs, garlic, and onions while cooking, but don`t add salt until they are ready;
· Cook French lentils for 35-40 minutes;
· Don`t overcook to keep the texture.